My title page contents

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Souvenirs: Japanese D.I.Y Jelly Candy

#linhinjapan

Souvenirs: Japanese D.I.Y Jelly Candy

Another awesome Japanese D.I.Y Candy that I purchased at Don Quijote. This was awesome, better than the previous two I posted about. With this packet you get to create the solution (candy) by combining jelly crystals and food colouring. Then you use the jelly cutter to create the different shape candy. 

I found the end result a little weird because the candy didn't turn jelly like. A lot of the jelly crystals had not mixed properly (I'm assuming). It was very different to aeroplane jelly, definitely does not wobble. The candy was most similar to cloud lollies, chewy and sour. Cost for a packet 230 Yen. 

Some things I noted: you do not have to wait that long for after your drop your food colour into the jelly crystals. I had to assume the amount of water to add into the container for each food colour. 





Components in the packet from top left to right: 
1. The green packet is jelly crystals which aid the solution to solidify. 
2. The white container is where you mix your powder and create the lollies. 
3. The orange is jelly cutter and fork mixer. 
4. The yellow, red, and blue packet is the colouring. 
5. While just above the coloured packets is the droplet tube to mix the colours with the jelly crystals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment